2013/11/11

Tanatos. Mk1881 Miniatures interwiew


Pit:
Greetings Mk1881 Miniatures and of course Mark Kirby!
In Russia, your project is a lively interest.
If you do not mind I'm going to ask a few questions that would satisfy the interest of the Russian-speaking community. I'm sorry if the answers were already ... I want to consolidate information ;-) . And forgive my poor English skills, I will try to express more clearly :-)
Tell us a little about the company Mk1881 Miniatures. Where are you located? Why the name, what it stands for? Will the company to specialize exclusively in the production of products for Fantasy Football, Bloodbowl and Elfbowl or miniatures will be released for other gaming areas?

Mk1881 Miniatures:
Let me start saying that your English is great.
As for MK1881 is just my personal deviation, MK1881 is an experimental branch of our main company. This branch will specialize in producing both 3D sculpted and traditional sculpted miniatures, and not only for Fantasy Football, we are working with other companies also for their own ranges. I personally have over 20 years of experience in producing classic sculpted miniatures, but 3D is a new field for me. So MK1881 will be a test bed for this new adventure, in the past months I have learned a lot and I am waiting to see the first prints to see if what I have learned satisfies my expectations.



Pit:
To raise funds to issue commands to be used Indigogo or Kitskstarter?

Mk1881 Miniatures:
We may do a KS, Indiegogo, or none. The 3D models are already paid for, and we have enough funds to cover printing and molding. But a KS will make the product much more visible and may generate funds to expand the line. We are still looking into it.

Pit:
When a planned sale of finished models? 2014?

Mk1881 Miniatures:
We have 32 of the 48 models ready, we may start now, but for tax purposes and to be 100% sure that the product will match my expectations I believe it will be Jan/Feb 2014. Depending on how it evolves maybe Dec 2013. KS’s require a lot of planning.

Pit:
What is the estimated price for the team and what would be its full lineup?

Mk1881 Miniatures:
As for the price we are looking to have it done in 3 materials. Resin a very limited set of max 10 teams each (no price yet), metal I believe it will be less than 5€/6.5$ per figure, and plastic but we are still working on this. It is a new way of making miniatures and we are still testing it, if we reach the desired quality these figs will probably go for 2.5€/3.4$ per figure. Note that the prices may change as we need to cast the first pieces to get an exact estimate.

Pit:
How many different Dark Elf Linemen will be on the team? This question is because in the early stages (low TV), the team on the field has to do lots of cheap line players.

Mk1881 Miniatures:
It will have 10 linemen available, 2 of them will be in a running position.

Pit:
Why do not the Assassins cloaks? With cloaks, they look more sinister! Urghhhh!

Mk1881 Miniatures:
I love to differentiate my miniatures from the other, and in this case I thought the mask was more appealing than a cloak. Maybe a “Special” Assassin will have it, who knows.

Pit:
Do you want to make as a variety stylized base for a players? For example, I would be very happy to buy and the team and the base from the same manufacturer. And...  numbered base. It seems to me that this is not difficult, but it will look great!

Mk1881 Miniatures:
I was looking into it, but they will probably be made of metal for now. We have access to plastic molding, and looking to make our custom bases with the option on them to add skills and numbers. This will also be helpful to support our other upcoming games.

Pit:
Will we see the cheerleaders for the team? Two or three dressed sexy dark elf  witch... Oh, with whips, right holiday BDSM what that!
Will we see  a coach figure? Angry , but very charismatic character guiding his team players in the attack... Ehhh... This is a dream :-)
How about a prisoner halfling, cooking delicious meals. This character is rarely seen on the field in a real game, but I've seen used as a cook and was very surprised when he thanks the enemy lost re-roll :-) .
Who will deliver players the beer? Enslaved cute elf or dwarf? Optional stand for one or two kegs of beer? Do not want to?

Mk1881 Miniatures:
This is the reason I was looking at the KS, it may generate more funds quickly and give me the ability to expand the range immediately.
Yes I was looking at counters, but haven’t done anything yet.

Pit:
And finally... What are your plans for the future , what other teams are planned? Or is this too early to tell? The secret? Trade Secret? ;-)

Mk1881 Miniatures:
I have a lot of stuff coming in the near future; this may be new teams and other games but is a bit early to discuss it now
All I can ask now is to spread the word about these new models, I love to get feedback from the actual people who will use the models, and this can help us improve both the quality and functionality of the models.

Pit:
Thank you for your answers. The project looks very promising and ambitious ! We 're on the lookout for you :-). Good start , keep it up!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment